Historical survival necessitates:
- The immediate removal from power of capitalist classes everywhere.
- An immediate shutdown of all economic activity non-essential for survival.
- An immediate cap on population and a plan to reduce it (slowly, over time, with birth limits, contraception, abortion, etc).
- An immediate cap on individual exergetic dissipation and the destruction of any technology that could break that limit.
- A total overhaul of agricultural, energy, and transportation systems.
- A redesign of the division of labor towards positive reterraformation. The structure would be scientifically planned, individual participation/rotation with as much voluntary agency as possible (but mandatory generalist rotations still a must).
- A plan to eradicate SARS-CoV2 forever. Humans cannot co-exist with this virus.
These are the most basic minimum conditions necessary for human civilization to be anything more than a death march into oblivion. Ultimately the entire human project needs to be ‘degrowthed’ by ~50%+ (likely a lot more), and run on maximally de-fossilized energy sources fueling new long term infrastructure and a decommodified, planned eco-socialist division of labor. Only mobilized climate war command economies could ever hope to approach attempting these goals. If we do none of these – then this isn’t a civilization at all, it’s an overshoot dieoff.
If we do all of them – maybe we’d have a shot.
So, y’know – it’s #ecosocialism or extinction.